Thanks for your interest in The Kenyon Review. Be sure to choose the correct submission category (drama, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, or translation) and carefully read the submission guidelines to determine what information to include with your submission. In the case of the Patricia Grodd Poetry Contest or the Short Fiction Contest, check the guidelines to ensure your eligibility and learn about the open submission periods.
For regular submissions:
Please submit no more than one submission in a given genre while a decision from us is outstanding; multiple submissions sent in the same genre will be returned unread. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable; please notify us immediately if the work has been accepted elsewhere:
- For prose and drama submissions, please use your submittable.com account to withdraw your piece
- For poetry submissions, please use your submittable.com account to add a note to your submission listing the titles of works no longer available for consideration
We will only consider work that has not been previously published.
- short fiction and essays (up to 7,500 words)
- poetry (up to 6 poems; please format and submit as a single document)
- plays (up to 30 pages)
- excerpts (up to 30 pages) from larger works
- translations of poetry and short prose
We do not accept:
- unsolicited reviews
- unsolicited interviews
- email submissions (please use the submittable.com system on our site)
- previously published material
When you are submitting poetry, please group up to six poems in a single document and then upload your submission. Please do not submit your poem individually.
Please upload two documents: the translation submitted for publication as well as the original language work. The translator is responsible for all author and publisher permissions with the original work.
When you are submitting poetry, please group up to six poems in a single document and then upload your submission. You will not be able to submit your poems individually.